Principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Learn the principles of Lean manufacturing and how to apply them. The mix of classroom lecture and live simulation will give you firsthand experience in how Lean improves quality, reduces costs, and increases productivity. Lean Principles provides you with an overview of the power in improving your processes.
Five S Workplace Organization
- Based on the classic manufacturing text Five Pillars of the Visual Workplace, this course teaches shopfloor workers the basics of five S's the cleaning and straightening activities that are the foundation for all workplace improvements. Especially useful for operators in manufacturing environments, pilot teams and implementers of Lean manufacturing. This course provides the foundation for creating a Lean environment.
Set-Up Reduction/ Quick Changeover
- Learn the fundamental principles of set-up reduction. The course follows the principles first expressed by Dr. Shigeo Shingo and his work on Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED). Participants learn the standard methodology in applying SMED to any type set-up, changeover or process in any industry and environment.
Value Stream Mapping
- In this two-day workshop, learn how to eliminate waste by mapping the flow of products from raw materials through the manufacturing steps to the final product. Real company examples and case studies will be presented. Participants will create current and future state maps for their own company's value stream. PREREQUISITES: Participants must have completed NBDC/NMEP Principles of Lean Manufacturing, 5S-Workplace Organization and Set-Up Reduction/Quick Changeover. Contact us prior to class for more information.
Cellular Flow Manufacturing
- Learn how to link and balance manufacturing operations to reduce lead times, minimize work in process, optimize floor space usage, and improve productivity. The instructor will lead the class through the MEP five-step process for designing and implementing work cells. This process applies to both assembly and machining applications. Includes Kanban and Pull methodology. PREREQUISITE: Participants must have completed NBDC/NMEP Value Stream Mapping. They must take Standardized Work concurrently with Cellular Flow Manufacturing.
- Documented standards are a requirement for any company seeking to continuously improve. Standardized Work describes a work process and provides a baseline for measuring improvement. This hands-on course will demonstrate how to analyze the interaction of people, materials, methods, and machines in a work process and develop the most effective combination of resources in the best sequence to achieve the desired output and reduce waste. PREREQUISITES: Participants must have completed NBDC/NMEP Principles of Lean Manufacturing. They must take Cellular Flow Manufacturing concurrently with Standardized Work.
Total Productive Maintenance Kaizen
- For the certified lean practitioner, this workshop will provide you with valuable experience in Kaizen facilitation, team skills, project scopes, and implementation. Some implementers have never participated in a Kaizen before they try to lead one. This workshop will provide the opportunity to experience a hands-on Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Kaizen event.